Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Itty Bitty a Day Challenge ~ Day 2

I decided to step out of my comfort zone today with this card. A couple of years ago I bought the Sew easy to try my hand at stitching...needless to say I struggled with it and put it away! A couple of months ago my husband and I gave my craft room an upgrade and while going through things I found my Sew easy stuff. So today as I was playing around while my little one was down for a nap I took it out to try again...needless to say I need some more practice! I did a search on Pinterest for hand stitching on cards and after reading about trying it free hand this is what I came up with...
 
I pulled out some DMC floss that I had tucked away and attempted to stitch "thread" onto each spool of thread on the itty bitty By A Thread...I still have more practice on my stitching but I had a whole lot of fun making it!
I used Memento Tuxedo for the stamp and sentiment...I colored each spool and pulled out one of my few Copic markers to color the spools...I added some washi tape to add a little something extra and underneath the sentiment I free handed a simple stitch...
Needless to say I will be practicing!
Thanks for stopping by
Wynne
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10